* So my mom used to can this soup concoction that was essentially noodles and tomatoes. It was the best thing ever on a cold day- sounds simple, but it was dee-lish-ous! And now I have a substitute (seeing as I have not canned any of it myself). I've found I am far preferring it to pasta sauce these days. Hunts diced tomatoes- you can get them Italian flavored with garlic, oregano, etc. Dump those puppies on some pasta (I prefer whole-wheat- it's good...really!) It is so low-calorie, FAST, and warm...like a bowl of home. (And if you grate cheese on top it is not as low-calorie, but extra yummy!)
* My baby (who is not so much a baby anymore) is obsessed with my bellybutton. 3-4+ times daily he is lifting up my shirt (which can be awkward in public) to see how it's doing and make sure it is still there. And this last week, he's decided it's hungry. He takes great effort to ensure his sippy cup is poked in there a few times so it can have a drink. He feeds it Cheerios too.
* My husband made me heart shaped (we still love your wedding gift Leifsons!) waffles the other day, and then we hightailed it to the Phoenix Zoo. Such a good time. I hadn't been there since I was a kid, but we all loved it. We fed a giraffe, got some good exercise in, and discovered they have a water park now for the kids.
* And another baby note for all the out-of-towners: Aedan said "Hey Shelly" to my sister-in-law today (WHAT?). Also, after spending some quality time on Dad's lap watching Saturday TV, pretends to golf. All the time. I love that kid.
* And another baby note for all the out-of-towners: Aedan said "Hey Shelly" to my sister-in-law today (WHAT?). Also, after spending some quality time on Dad's lap watching Saturday TV, pretends to golf. All the time. I love that kid.



1 comment:
Oh my goodness I laughed so hard about the belly button thing. I wish I was there to see him do that. Oh man, the things I have in store for me with Pax. And he said Shelly?!!! That is so crazy!!! I miss him. I miss you. Come visit! Love ya!
Post a Comment