Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I wish I was here...

>

I married into the best summer vacation ever! Michael's grandparent's own a beautiful little cabin in Pinecrest, CA that was built by his great-grandfather. Michael and his family have been going there every summer since he was born, and now we get to continue it with our little guy. It's one of the most peaceful, serene places. Driving distance to Yosemite and San Fran, a lake just out the front door, no TV, and acres of forest to explore. Rocks named by all the kids when they were little, card games and hot chocolate all night long- I just love it! Can't wait 'till Aedan's old enough to go exploring.

Excuse the zombified pic of myself- I was about 10 wks pregnant or so and at the height of my morning sickness. I spent the majority of the vacation on the couch or on the floor of the bathroom.









Only problem is Mike loves it SO much we never go anywhere else!


I have so many amazing memories of growing up and the Romney vacations to San Diego, Carlsbad Caverns, Cherry HIll. I'll have to convince him to take a break one year...or do both????

1 comment:

jlcarroll@gmail.com said...

Nice, Welcome to the Pinecrest experience...

----

http://james.jlcarroll.net