Why my job is hard:
Pt's passing away, pt's hurting, families hurting, families who are not respecting the wishes of their loved ones, coding pt's, trying to do everything remotely possible to save a pt before they code, busy chemotherapy regimens, people getting rude about not getting their water filled up on time when I'm giving my 3 others heavy narcotics for their excruciating cancer pain, managing disease and symptoms, managing DOCTORS (grrrrrr), etc, etc, etc. In short, cancer bites.
Why I love my job:
Moments like when my favorite favorite favorite grumpy old man pt who really likes his soft drinks comes out of a brand new and rather disturbing seizure with all of us staring at him only to smile and say, "Where the hell is my *** damn Pepsi?!".
P.S. The whole bodily fluids bit? Eh, that's nothin'.
Friday, October 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Hehehe! That was great! Though I had to laugh at he mangaing Dr's (ggrr) bit, as Isaac would say, getting nurses to manage my grrrs, (GRRRR!), and GRRRR... nurses paging him every 15 min about stupid stuff when he is trying to get some sleep on a 30 hr shift!
I'm sure glad there are people like you to take care of things... yes, cancer bites! Thanks for all you do for your people...
wow Rach, few people can do what you do. But seriously, when you need a Pepsi, you freakin need a Pepsi! I cant think of anything more deliciously refreshing after a life threatening seizure than an ice cold Pepsi. Yummmmmmmmm.
Post a Comment