Wednesday, April 21, 2010

So did you know...

...we're buying a house? Well, attempting to buy a house would be more correct. We have made three offers and no dice. With the tax credit deadline approaching, buyers are like shoppers the day after Thanksgiving. It's ugly out there people. We have an offer on a beautiful little home right now, and are just waitingwaitingwaiting to hear back. This is a slight source of anxiety in our lives. Mike has heartburn and I have insomnia.

The other source of anxiety in my life: Eyebrows. Has my face become misshapen in my increasing years? Why can I not seem to get my eyebrows to work for me? I look at old pics and my brows and I seem to be having a happy relationship, all groomed and perfectly arched. Now...not so much. Have I just not found the waxer of my dreams? Maybe I am trying too many different ones? Must research this further....

Sources of happiness: Mike was officially accepted into his program at ASU and will start over the summer. And he graduated with two (count 'em- 2!) Associate's degrees.

We got to visit Mike's brother Jayson and his wife Kim in Colorado and their little girl Lotta, who is Aedan's age. And Kim took a picture of them that I love more than life itself. I will show it too you as soon as I brazenly steal it off her blog. It was beautiful up there until a blizzard hit. Aedan learned how to say "Snow"!



P.S. Another source of anxiety? Playground equipment designed to look like breakfast food the size of my child. Yep, that's a bacon slide in the background folks.

2 comments:

Jayson, Kim, and Lotta Carlson said...

Hey I heard you got the house or almost! Hope everything is going ok with the mortgage/bank etc. Man, I can't imagine the kind of hay-day that would be!

Cute pictures! Love ya!

Jon Lisa and Paxton said...

miss you...Ohio would be better if you were here. Where the heck is that play area?!!! I want to slide down a giant slide resembling bacon! Kids are so dang lucky!