My friends, I make no apologies for being a mommy blogger. What is a mommy blogger, you ask? Well, as the witty Cjane (who is a career blogger, my friends, a career blogger-which is a very different thing) has described it, it's when your blog is taken over by mommyhood and baby pics and looks like a scrapbook threw up on it, or thereabouts. And you know what? I make no apologies for it. I attempt timely, intelligent thought from time to time, and had I had this blog in my single days I'm sure it would be much more sassy. However, I waited a long time to find my hubby and then to have our little guy, and quite honestly I write this for us, to look back on one day and see that even the littlest, cliche moments (first solids!) in his childhood delighted us. I hope I don't bore my single/no baby friends too much, but they should know I read their blogs with gusto and adore all the exciting, free-spirited things they get to do. And to to the ones desperately waiting for their little guy (or girl) to come along, we are excitedly waiting with you.
Did Mommyhood take away my freedom/personality/independance? NO. In fact it has made me feel stronger, more beautiful, and more powerful than I ever thought possible.



4 comments:
love it!
i'm so guilty of "mommy" blogging hah! please keep it up yourself... what a cute aedan smile! he is adorable.
i love it too and i can't wait to do it myself when the time comes! :)
im guilty of mommy blogging and I dont even have my baby yet! Why blog, if not to blab about the things that matter the most, which in your case and mine, is our families?
Post a Comment